Part a: Paperwork and physical checks
Part A requires candidates complete the following:
- Consent and liability forms
- Medical examination
- Fitness logs
Part b: online test
Part B is a proctored online test. The test is graded and the results are communicated to the agencies you will apply to. Only one attempt is allowed and candidates must wait 10 months before qualifying for a retest.
- Section A: Spelling, Vocabulary, Grammar and Punctuation (44 Questions)
- Section B: Police problem-solving (30 Questions)
Part c: Personality assessment
Part C is also a proctored online test. This test is meant to evaluate personality traits that are valued by police agencies.
- 27 multiple choice questions in a 15-20 minute time frame
- Not considered a Pass/Fail activity, but results are communicated to agency
- Studying for personality assessments is generally not recommended as it can cause overthinking and hesitancy that may skew your results